Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Big Girl Shoes...stilettos anyone?

OK fine! So another lesson learned. I cried. I pleaded. I cried some more. Now there's nothing more I can do but put my big girl shoes on & pray for guidance. As silly as it may sound, the combination of those two things are lethal (in a good way of course)! It's amazing how a pair of shoes (preferably stiletto pumps 3 1/2 inches or higher) can completely transform a woman. When I slip into a pair of "bad" shoes, I immediately get a "chick/negro please" type of attitude. Like "umm are you coming to me with this non-sense? You must not see my shoes!" or What do you mean I'm not getting a $20,000 raise...do you see my shoes!?! I guess what I'm trying to say is stilettos bring about a confidence. A different kind of confidence. It controls your posture...the way you speak...and my personal favorite, the uber amounts of non-verbal communication...yup, all from a pair of shoes! And then of course prayer! No "super-saint" here. But I'm definitely a believer and working on my relationship EVERYDAY. I read my Bible. I pray. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I don't even know what to say when I go to Him. That's usually when I just start to thank Him. And I pray for guidance because sometimes...most of the time...ok all the time, I am sooo lost without Him. So yup, I pray. I pray that one day I'm as comfortable in my skin, as I am in the stilettos on my feet. For now, Bible in my hand, stilettos on my feet, praises from my mouth...it's bound to get better.

1 comment: