Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Almost Doesn't Count...does it?

"...but joy cometh in the morning." Well my joy must have had a long night because it's morning and I'm still not feeling quite joyful. Thankful? Absolutely! Joyful? Not so much. Ever feel like you almost had something, or you almost made it, or almost completed something? Well I feel like I live an almost, but not quite kind of life. Oh it's not intentional, but it is actual. And I'm not pointing fingers. I almost made it across the stage, but I was making it across "the stage" and it lead to a mental stage that prevented me from getting to the other side. I was almost where I wanted to be with my career, but the termination disfigured my plan. I was almost in love, but his lack of like made it slightly impossible. I almost had enough money to take care of my debts, but I spent it on this mask I call happiness because I know you "the paparazzi" are watching. And I almost ran a away from it all, but GOD kept me. I'm almost done, but...to be continued

1 comment:

  1. I sooooo understand what you mean when you say you lived "an almost, but not quite kind of life". I'm sure alot of people go through the same thing. I think the trick is, to try to find joy in the experience, even if it doesn't turn out the way you intended. When things go horribly wrong for me, I try my best to find the posative, then i pray and thank God that I'm still here to learn from another lesson that He has taught to me.

    ReplyDelete