Friday, November 13, 2009

I'M not FOCUSED MAN!!!

Hmmm, I wonder if I'll be able to fit into my size 26 Hudsons by Thanksgiving...is what I was thinking as one of my good friends was crying to me on the phone about how she thinks her husband is cheating on her. By the time I'd hung up the phone I'd realized that, NO I probably won't be able to fit them and YES he probably is cheating. The down side (well the other down side) to this is, my mind wanders off like this ALL THE TIME!!! Often times it's during very important conversations. I remember when I was in school (high school & college), I used to make myself sit in the front of the class just to increase the chances of me paying attention. When I ask for directions, most of the time I zone out the second they start explaining. Yet I still continue to nod my head and say "uh huh" to reassure them that I'm listening. But in the end, I've heard nada! I'm so easily distracted...this must be a disease! Every morning when I wake up I say to myself "Self, we are going to stay focused today. No slacking." But before I can even complete my thought, my mind has wandered and focused on everything that I'm focusing on not focusing on!! Yes that's what I said! It's funny at times, but in the long run it hinders me. Sounds minor, but has major effects. I wonder if there's a cure for this on WebMD...

No comments:

Post a Comment